Warfare RBT3W

Revellion and Benny Tweaked (no longer supported)

Moderators: Benny, revellion

Warfare RBT3W

Postby Benny » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Warfare RBT 3 Ways:

Here we go, after seeing some people asking for a warfare with more players, i've decided to add a RACS side.

What will the goal you'll tell me? well RACS team will have to defend sahrani and assault intruders. Aswell, they'll spawn somewhere (haven't decided yet) and they will be able to Fast Travel to the checkpoints (checkpoints alias Flags around the map).

RACS will be able to buy units, and vehicles. Maybe defenses aswell later on.

RACS will have a constant money stream (500/min) which will increase or decrease in function of their acts.

Without letting you guys waiting any longers here is WiP:
(1680*1050 large images!)

Benny

Postby Rocco » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:35 pm

sounds great, i just hope that they are not too strong! they should rely on guerilla tactics imo. :)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Rocco

Postby Modaflanker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:37 pm

There will always be the lonewolves out there who don't want to be bothered with what the team needs... they just want to get in and play. This is their team!

I laugh now at those who grumbled that all they're doing is killing AI when clearing out towns. Now there's going to be plenty of surprises! Everyone will have to be on their toes!

This is computer programming at its finest-- created not by someone who barely plays what they create but by someone who intimately knows what a game needs.

I feel like a kid in a candy store!
Modaflanker

Postby Blunt » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 pm

What will happen when one of the main BLUFOR/OPFOR sides "loses"? Will the game end?
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg...
Blunt

Postby Benny » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 pm

What will happen when one of the main BLUFOR/OPFOR sides "loses"? Will the game end?

Game's over, RACS cannot be defeated, victory condition remain the same, expect beta tomorow.
Benny

Postby Rocco » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Benny wrote:

Game's over, RACS cannot be defeated, victory condition remain the same, expect beta tomorow.

freaking awesome, but wait, i can´t play tomorrow argh!!!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Rocco

Postby Rebell » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:36 am

i have a more better idea for RACS

what do you think of this: the RACS take the role of mercenaries, the comander of BLUFOR and OPFOR decide how much of the money pool they want to spend to the mercenaries. the one who pays more, will get the support of the mercenaries. the RACS could have some kind of guerillia abilities.
Rebell

Postby Johnnie Walker » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:25 am

RacsUpgrade? :lol:
Johnnie Walker

Postby Benny » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 am

Rebell it sound very intersting :D

JW, What do you wana upgrade? Tractor with GBU ? :D or skoda with N²O :D

I've added a lock / unlock on vehicle, no more kiddie whining :D (if someone anoy you, you can now lock him up in your car... some kind of kidnaping :twisted: )
Benny

Postby Rocco » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 am

if theres a guerilla army, then you should think about civilians with all their fancy clothes instead of highly equipped RACS. Man, an insurgent army would be nice, what if you put them into the game, cant they be auto downloaded?
Rocco

Postby rundll.exe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Rocco wrote:cant they be auto downloaded?

nope.

I really like Rebells idea. It could be some kind of bluff. both comms have to specify an amount of their income (percentage) they want to spend on racs. Ofc they cant see what the enemy donated. So they both lose their money, but the racs only gets what the highest bidder gives. and ofc work for them.

If they dont have income or the same they would just bother both sides.
Executes more than dll's
rundll.exe
Site Admin

Postby Benny » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Some updates:

Added baby lock safety mode on vehicle spawn (no more whinners with "it's mah vehicle you butthurt fanatic!!!")
Vehi can ofc be locked/unlocked anytime.

Added Custom AI buy, (buy any class with a defined loadout)

Added a new Gear menu.

and some Screenshoots:

GUI:
Map marker (thx jw :D )

Edit: version released will be able to have 16 RACS players. (you can even go upon 32 the way we made it :D )
Benny

Postby Rocco » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Wait a moment, we get a 48 man server then or even more, how can the server handle that? :)
Rocco

Postby Benny » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:08 pm

Quite easily, we can even go upon 64, but 48 will be fine since the server don't run the 'main' script on the RACS client, RACS client is light, which mean it require less ressources than a normal opfor/blufor player.
Benny

Postby Benny » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 am

Major update, me and jw worked hard to bring you some new stuff:

- Gear menu 100% working (even if it's still basic)
- AI Custom buy menu (work 200 % :D, some kind of 'pimp my AI')
- Unflip vehicle now work even if ur outside of the vehicle (bit useless to be able to unflip vehicle if you have to be in), it will unflip any vehi within 10 meters.
- Checkpoint marked on map

Todo:
- Remove ugly markers at the begining (bit anoying to have those huge red shit at the begining :D )
- Increase money in function of some condition (something like rebell said "mercenaries")

-Global Progress : 98% (basic version)

Without letting you lads waiting, some Screens:

GUI:
a Customized Medic:
Benny

Postby pippippip » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 am

Hello

looks great. A small idea could you have Civs that spawn with the resistance around town, and if you kill them you loose loads of money so you have to be carefull what you shoot at ( I tried to make this in my version but cant get it to work). Or perhaps have a version where opfor and resistance look like civs - I dunno just thinking out loud. I would like some kind of insurgency version of warfare you see.

Keep up the good work Benny really been enjoying your warfare mission.
pippippip

Postby Benny » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks, for civilian we will see, i ve added a lag fix script (discovered the lag cause when you play for +60 mins), RACS side don't use alot of scripts.

For civilian it would be quite easy, Add a killed EH on them, killer = _this select 0, if name killer in Leader Westteam || Eastteam then changeplayerfund.

I'll do a first try w/o this, i wana check server fps and lag ingame
Benny

Postby Modaflanker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Benny wrote: i ve added a lag fix script (discovered the lag cause when you play for +60 mins),

I'll do a first try w/o this, i wana check server fps and lag ingame

What was the cause?

I had always presumed it was the tons of bodies and wrecks that are left behind... the more bodies and wrecks, the more the burden on the videocard (or CPU).
Modaflanker

Postby Benny » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:59 pm

This happen in all warfare versions, whenever HQ is deployed or undeployed there is a micro latency time between each of them... hq is not physicaly present, which mean that some AI spawn in 0,0,0.

0,0,0 = water, water = loose gear, loose gear = +500 ammo box in water...

To make it clear, i've made a script that scan 0,0,0, each minutes and remove anything that's not kind of logic/Vehicles. Units are killed and not removed (obvious reason (Yes body disapears :D )). I'm busy those days, can't script much atm. got some party this week, so i'll try to get RBT3 ready, main thing to fix is marker after respawn... everything work otherwise.

Still have to fix a few minor things...

Meanwhile that time i've uploaded 00083 which include the sweep script, lag shall be meaningless now after + 1/2 hours of game...

There is also a lock function inbuilt after seeing some behaviour ingame (guy nicking jets, tank,etc...)

Jw and i tested a parachute fix which act, hmmm good but weird :D still alot to do on the parachute fix, but i'm tired of jumping out a jet with parachute that contain more hole than moon crater...
Last edited by Benny on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benny

Postby Modaflanker » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Benny wrote:Jw and i tested a parachute fix which act, hmmm good but weird :D still alot to do on the parachute fix, but i'm tired of jumping out a jet with parachute that contain more hole that moon crater...

[worthy] [worthy] [worthy] [worthy] [worthy] [worthy] [worthy]

:chickawow: [w00t]

Banishing the scourge of every ArmA game!

You've done more than anyone else to deserve taking time off for real life and partying!!!

You going to create your own games [or work for a major software publisher] someday? You got mad skills!
Modaflanker

Next

Return to Warfare RBT